Tuesday 14 November 2017

Man Impersonate Ex Police IG, To Defraud Lawmakers Over N4.5m Has Been Arrested


Emmanuel Ebuzoma, 37-years-old has been arrested in Lagos State, for using the name of Chairman of police Service Commission (PSC), Sir Mike Okiro, to defraud members of the National Assembly.

According to the Ebuzoma, he was able to con the members of the National assembly by texting them about a non-existent police recruitment job. He also tried similar scam on governors.

The police said that the suspect had made over N4.5million, but he insisted that the police were lying, He swore that he had only gotten N400,000 from four members of the House of Representatives.

According to Ebuzoma shared how it all started. "I was at home when I decided to pick my phone one day and browse. I was doing this when I saw the phone numbers of some senators, governors and house of representative members on the internet. I decided to see if I could get some cash from them, I started sending text messages until I sent to six of some representative member, introducing myself as Mike Okiro. I urged them to send four names of their candidates for a police recruitment exercise."

Ebuzoma continued, "When I sent the messages, four of them responded with four names, each with the telephone numbers of there candidates. I immediately sent text messages to those people, asking them to go to a bank and pay for their training sits and afterwards report at Abuja.  I charged between N25,000 to N30,000 for each person. A girl supplies me account numbers into which payments were made. We had about four account numbers and we have withdrawn close to N400,000, there is a place in Onitsha where we buy pre-registered SIM cards for the act."

The Zone 2 Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said. "From investigation, he started since October 2016 and he gathered in about N4.5m. Most of his victims are senators and House of Representatives members."

The lady beside, Oregbu,23, denied knowing about the act. according to her, she thought Ebuzoma was receiving payments from Ponzi Scheme.






No comments:

Post a Comment